Hunting gear – My rifle for driven hunt – Blaser straight pull caliber 9,3×62

In this first video in the playlist “HUNTING GEAR” Tobias talks about his choice of rifle for driven hunt. Tobias hunts with a Blaser R93 straight pull in caliber 9,3×62.
My rifle Blaser R93: 0:44
Change barrel: 1:17
Caliber 9,3×62: 1:43
Straight pull: 2:50
Safety mechanism: 3:13
Rubber handle: 4:24
Quick release sling: 4:52
Adjustments for the stock: 5:21
Trigger: 7:16
Quick release rifle scopes: 8:06

Our goal is to provide hunting films with high ethics, good action and some knowledge.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redmoosehunting/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/redmoosehunting
Homepage: https://www.redmoosehunting.com

If you want to learn more about the equipment or services we use, please visit our partners:

Trijicon: https://www.trijicon.com
Pinewood: https://www.pinewood.eu
Lafayette: https://www.lafayette.se
Stalon: https://www.stalon.nu
Diana Hunting Tours: https://www.diana-hunting.com

If you like our films, please subscribe, like and share. We also appreciate your comments, so that we can know what you like and dislike.

44 thoughts on “Hunting gear – My rifle for driven hunt – Blaser straight pull caliber 9,3×62

1. Aurochs - Bushcraft & Primitive Skills says:

Great insights.
    I'm currently using a Sauer 202 Forest XT with a softgrip plastic shaft and a semi-weight 51 cm barrel in 8×57 IS. I'm still trying to get a speedbolt for it which is not as easy cause these rifles aren't built anymore. The rifle I set up for my wife as her first is more interesting, I think – quite unusual for a lady. The base is a Sauer 101 Forest with a 51 cm heavy barrel in 8×57 IS. I got Sauer to make her a custom Artemis shaft for that barrel and put a 29 mm rubber bolt knob.

2. baumstark says:

Great video.
    I have a Blaser R8 success in 308 win.
    I use it in the mountains and on driven hunts in Germany.
    I am thinking about changing the stock to a professional stock as I grew up with a traditional stock as a kid.
    I also want my thump rest on the cocking device.
    Matthias

3. Filip Larsson says:

blazer r8 med kkc kolv och aimpont, kal 8×57. detta funkar bra för mig i och med jag går mycket med mina hundar i planteringarna. en lika, en slovensk koppov och en gråhund. bössas får mycket stryk men jag tycker att den tål det bra. vad tycker du om min uppsättning? Något annat jag borde tänka på?

4. Juan jose Ermakimix says:

Hi! One question please¡. I am going to buy in my town a blaser r93 (7mmRm),second
    hand and I’ve been reading in internet that was some cases of malfunction and accidents with R93. In Madrid (Spain) there was a case of breaking up when he shooted and I don’t know if I trust. Do you trust the mechanism? Do you recomend me bying it.? Thanks

5. Olivier 76 says:

Nice video's!! Thumbs up! I hunt with blaser r8 succes. 308 match barrel & 9.3×62 barrel. Aimpoint micro for driven hunts. I am trying to step of the 9,3 and use the 308 win for all. But i am not totally convinced. Do you experience a big difference between 9,3 & other calibers specific on wild boar and red deer? Instand dead is all about bullet placement… or ?

6. sean wales says:

Blaser R8 Success , 9.3×62 with Aimpoint for Driven, 308 Barrel with Swarovski Z6I Gen 2 for woodland stalking and finally 6.5×55 barrel with Leica Magnus scope for red hinds in Scotland.

7. Em Jarven says:

Till drevjakt kör jag Tikka T3 med GRS berserk i kaliber 8×57. Ljuddämpare Triton 42. Har bara haft denna set-up under två år men det känns väldigt bra så här långt. Sedan vill jag säga att jag verkligen uppskattar det jobb du gör för att sprida jaktfilmer på nätet. Helt suveränt och ett stort tack!!!

8. Maik Hoffmann says:

Thanks for the explanation of your weapon!

I'm from Germany and my favorite weapon for the hunt is the Haenel-Jäger-10. I prefer the caliber .30-06 Spr.
    As optics I use a Leica Magnus 2.4-16×56. I'm always excited about this look! Excellent view at night!
    Razor sharp picture during the day, and the adjustment leaves nothing to be desired!

Greetings from Saxony

P.s .: This year there are tons of wild boar with me in the area, how does that look at you?

Best regards
    Daniel

9. Roland Weber says:

Blaser R8 Professional i 8x57js. Just nu med en Docter unipoint 2,5-10×50 men funderar på en Aimpoint H-2. Blir spännande att se nästa film om optik! Jag bor i Tyskland, jagar mest rådjur och vildsvin.
    Mvh och Waidmannsheil Roland

10. Gustaf Eriksson says:

Väldigt bra filmer, fortsätt så!
    Ett förslag på film är tips på hur man ska öva för att bli bra på drevjaktsskytte. Jag hade ju långt ifrån ens träffat många av de djur du skjuter på. En sak med sävliga älgar och vakjakt. Är det skyttebio och gott om skott som gäller?

11. Thom Widell says:

Brno 502.2 with an adjustble stock 12/7×57 with an Aimpoint 9000 for Deer/Fox hunts and Tikka T3 .308win with an adjustble stock and Trijicon Accupoint or Aimpoint Micro H2 scope for example Wildboar/Moose or terrain differences, i also find that rubber ball very useful to get a better grip when i reload. I also use the silencer from Stalon model: W110

12. Marcus Hultman says:

I Use Sauer 404 Syncro, in kaliber 6,5×55, I Need to shorten my stock and buy a driven Hunt scope becus now I’m using a Swarovski Z6i 2,5–5×56 but dont have the money yet. And I have a Husqvarna 1640 9,3×62 with a Aimpoint. I would buy a blaser but I dont like straightpull becus i dont feel comfortable with it and I’m allmost just as fast like a good straightpuller is.

I use a 6,5×55 becus I a am littlebit frighten of the shoot and I like the straight bulletflight it have.
    The 9,3×62 I have becus it good to use with hard shooten animals and in tight stands and I have it becus it’s my grandfather old rifle.

13. Tobias Thorén says:

Hej! För mig är det Blaser R8, .308. Aimpoint Micro H2 men har även med mig mitt Swarowski 2-16 50mm om passet erbjuder längre skottlängder. Om tillåtet sitter även en Stalon w110 på. Kommer troligen kika åt en ny pipa i lite grövre, blötare kaliber inom snar framtid 🙂 Valde .308 då mycket av jakten jag utför är vak och pyrsch och där är .308 magisk enl. mig. Tack för bra filmer!

14. Pontus K says:

Bockbüchsflinte all the way! Brno 502.2
    12G/7x57R with a mounted Aimpoint 9000. This weapon is a simple Czech masterpiece. Works whatever weather it is outside! Perfect for deer, moose and wild boar.

My second choice is my Carl Gustaf 3000 chambered in 7.62×51 with a mounted Zeiss Victory 3-12×56.

15. David Kaiser says:

I use the Blaser R8 succes in cal 30.06 and what I realy Love about it is the Special Stock With the big whole and the mecanism to get anatother Bullet in the Barrel very quick

And I have enjoyed the Video very much thx for uploading

16. niklasz80 says:

Jag have a Blaser R8 proffesional in caliber 308w with a Trijicon 1-6×24 scope. I also have a 338 blaser magnum when i want some more power. But I use 308w for the most of the time.

17. Kristian Gustafson says:

I have a Blaser R8 in .243 and I love it for deer here in the UK. I might get a 6.5 x 55 barrel for it next… interested to take any thoughts on that. In addition, I have a Steyr Scout in .308. I think this is what I might take if I ever get to do driven boar. At the moment, just fantasy!

18. Kevin Winkler says:

I use a sauer 404 syncro xt in cal. 300winmag, for me its the perfect caliber because i can use it for all my kinds of hunting here in bavaria/germany ,i really love it.
    Optic i my Swarovski Z6i