47 thoughts on “DEER HUNTING WITH DOGS SUSSEX COUNTY VA

1. Carpenter's Rest Sawmill says:

You need to fight the Virginia Landowners group if you want to keep your dogs running. They have a few "bird dog clubs" that want to stop hound and beagle hunting, so they can charge money to hunt on their land. They want to turn the sport into a money maker for a few big landowners. Don't be suckered in to their crap, join the VsHDA now!

2. PI says:

my full respect Sr. i had watch many of your videos and sincerely you're a good hunter! it takes a lot of knowledge and experience to do what you do! I admire you! i hope one day we can hunt together would be an honor.

3. Kacy Tripkovich says:

Its called hunting and 99 percent of hunters hunt for meat instead of paying $11.00 a pound for meat. I know they have some people who will never understand it. If people did not hunt deer they would over run road ways and many people would have road accidents.

4. Wayne Godfrey says:

to Chaz Tomberlin  if you  watched the video he is using a Remington 1100 which he shot twice and wounded the buck then he waited quite long time to shoot deer at no time did he reload the gun so he was not out of ammo and a Remington 1100  gun will hold 3 shells with a plug and 5 shells with out a plug and you could see the deer on the camera that he was filming with,  he could have easily finished killing the deer instead off letting it suffer, so know you what your talking about before defending someone that was in the wrong.

5. Wayne Godfrey says:

I have shot a lot of deer in my time but I never let one suffer as long as you did you should have shot that deer in the neck to finish it off you give hunters a bad name

6. M C says:

I love the way you guys hunt!   I am in the Adirondack Mountains of northern NY state.   We hunt with a large party and drive all our hunts.   The only difference is that we can't use hounds, so we have to bark instead.   The same families in our group have hunted together since the 1890's.

You fellas seem to have the same kind of relationships in your group.   I would love to dog hunt with you and your group.

7. Jacob Hankins says:

Hey mike I also deer hunt with dogs in Virginia. Near New Kent and that was a great shot and quick but it might be easier to wait for it to get closer to the road. Anyway great shot and keep up the good work.

8. Ny Dowdell says:

We ran dogs 1 day and I killed 2 coyotes and the dogs fought a 5 pointer my bro shot ot 100 yards. When you run dogs how many do you run? Cause wemrun around 10 dogr including beagles walkers and blue ticks and labs

9. john williams says:

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! YOU LET THAT DEER SUFFER FOR NO REASON. I'VE BEEN HUNTING OVER THIRTY YEARS AND HAVE NEVER LET AN ANIMAL SUFFER LIKE THAT! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET HUNTING STOPPED BY POSTING YOUR CRUEL VIDEOS? PURE  IGNORANCE!!! AT LEAST USE SPELLCHECK!!

10. shane worley says:

Hey Mike great videos…I hunt in Amelia Virginia in sweathouse hunting club; I haven't finished editing all my hunting videos from this season but they r coming soon. I have some really good dog action and kill shots on the drives.

11. Rob Hurd says:

Hey man I like your videos in general, do you mind me asking which breed of dogs you like to hunt with and about how long it took you to train them? I live in NY where it's illegal to use dogs in pursuit of deer however small game and predators are open season, and now that Feral hogs are taking over as well, I think it's a good idea to start training myself a couple friends to take on hunts.  Any advice you wanna pass on would be greatly appreciated as i'm not new to the woods at all but am very green in the area of hunting with dogs.