26 thoughts on “SOA Southern CO Elk Hunting

1. djudd32 says:

Pretty decent video, but you can't claim that hunting or fishing on private land,even if the animals are not confined to that area, is the same as hunting or fishing public land. Not dogging on the hunt, that's just a fact. Of course I fish private land and would love to hunt on it. However, after seeing how defensive, how big of a douche bag, and unprofessional you are responding to people on Youtube, I will not be watching anymore of your videos.

2. SOAonline says:

3. bgfelk1 says:

hate to be critical but what the heck. 2nd bull shot is standing directly in front of a cow when he fires, then he shoots it through the gut. Glad he followed up with a good kill shot. Nice animal.

4. Nemanja R says:

poor shot selection at 19:30 i mean he could have taken that bull down with one shot instead taking 2 , in my eyes they way i see it one shit one kill, people may agree or disagree but hey everyone has different opinions, other than that i am loving your videos

5. lplozada says:

My thoughts exactly. A prvate parcel of land that isn't high fenced is no different than the land around it. The animals are free to come and go as they please. I've shot 90%+ of my game animals on public land doing DIY hunts, but I'd never feel the least bit inferior bagging a deer, elk or other animal on private land, particularly if I was lucky enough to own some worth hunting.

6. elmaco121 says:

Great hunt! Love these videos. What's going on with the second elk though? When he comes in he has two back spots on the body. It then looks like he shoots straight on the lower one and it then disappeared upon impact. Looks really strange? What were those black marks and where did the first bullet hit? Second shoot seamed great though.

7. SOAonline says:

At SOA we were and are all hunters first and we help our guides prep meat and trophy. We are not fat-cat sportsman. We were professional guides and hunters before we started filming these hunts. I'd bet I've gutted and cleaned more animals than you've ever even seen in the field. That's why people love this show real hunters and people. You're extraordinarily misinformed cooloffdog.

8. SOAonline says:

That's right this is free range hunting. Everyone has access to the game here there are no high fences. Which I believe makes it free range and fair chase. It's no different than hunting public land except there's a guide who's been monitoring the elks habits before we get there. Just like you do when you scout before hunting season. Maybe if you're not getting any you should spend more time scouting, instead of blaming successful hunters for your failures.

9. SOAonline says:

Hunting is hunting, we eat the meat. Too bad assholes rag on sport hunters. And stand hunters rag on stalk hunters. And hound hunters rag on bait hunters. Well I admire hunters who band together in support of the sport they love for whatever reason. I hate on douchebags who try to split hairs and think because they don't like it personally it's wrong. Well clearly you don't understand a lot about hunting, too bad. Thanks for Trolling.

10. SOAonline says:

Hunters bagging on other hunters, harknessoutdoors you are the real douchebag. Just because you can't afford to pay a lease for some private land of your own is no reason to hate on the the sport you claim to love, The elk aren't baited or kept in high fence. I just hunt where they live, you should try it that's how you hunt elk. Just because it isn't public land doesn't make it less sporting, Shame on you. Thanks for jealous trolling.

11. Sam Walker says:

Base was loose "because I forgot to use loctite". Had to laugh at that one. I had egg on my face at the range one day after bragging how good a shooter the rifle was. Groups all of a sudden started opening up. Couldn't figure it out until I reached up to change magnification and the base wobbled.

Welcome to the club Steve 😀

12. SOAonline says:

The camera angle & the rifle angle are different. What you see from behind the rifle is different because the hunter is forward & left of the camera/ The guides are true professionals as well, that's why they try to stay so close to the hunter during targeting so they can see the herd from as close to the same point of view as the hunter. They help and give advice to make sure the shots are ethical & as perfect as the shooter can produce. Also, It just looks over the shoulder because of editing.

13. anavidhunter says:

Exciting episode and great show, nice work.
    Love the footage you get and so kule to see Colorado Elk in such amazing numbers.
    You sure got some beauty Bulls there, congrats.
    Excellent on the ground hunts.